Report Outages at (866) 480-7362 or by logging into SmartHub.
Because your phone number is our connection to you, it’s critical that we have up-to-date phone numbers for your account. The current number we have on file appears on your electric bill each month.
Please verify this number, and if it’s not correct, login to SmartHub or send us an e-mail.
To report an outage, contact us immediately. To submit an outage report online:
- Log into SmartHub
- Click Report an Outage
When an Outage Occurs
If your lights go off during a storm, be prepared for the power outage. Assemble supplies to have on hand. Rotate your supplies to keep them fresh and use the checklist to prepare for power outages.
- Check fuses or breakers in your main panel.
- Check to see if your neighbors’ lights are off.
- Turn off all electrical appliances that were on, especially air conditioners or electric heating. However, you will want to leave a light on so you will know when your power has been restored.
- Turn on your portable radio. In the event of a major planned outage, an ice storm, or major tornado, we will notify the radio stations as to the extent and possible duration the outages.
- Stay away from downed power lines and broken utility poles. Please note the location and road coordinates of the downed line or pole and call us immediately. Even lines that look harmless can be dangerous.
- If your power is still out once your neighbors’ homes have been restored, you should not hesitate to call us again.