Prepaid Electric Service
Clark County REMC has a new way residential members can pay for electricity. It's called Prepaid Electric Service (PES), and it allows members to pay in advance for their electricity. Prepaid Electric Service is completely voluntary and is offered to both existing members and new members connecting service.
What is Prepaid Electric Service?
Traditionally, people receive a utility bill at the end of the month for all of the electricity they used in the past 30 days. Prepaid Electric Service works the other way. The program allows you to choose how much and how often you want to pay before you use the electricity.
Think of Prepaid Electric Service the same as you would by putting gas in your car: You pay for it before you use it. You can purchase small amounts every few days or “fill up” the tank and not worry about it for several weeks. When your supply is low, you simply purchase more.
With PES, you pay for electricity in advance, how and when you choose. Purchasing electricity before you use it allows you to control your budget and pay how much you want, when you want. With PES there are no security deposits or late fees. Instead of a monthly billing statement, your usage and balance are calculated daily. Track your usage by phone or online using SmartHub: theremc.smarthub.coop.
What are the benefits of enrolling?
- More payment flexibility – pay in advance how much and how often as is convenient.
- No due dates.
- No penalties for paying late.
- No fees for reconnecting service.
- No security deposits and any existing deposit can be applied immediately to your account.
- Current balances can be moved into a prepaid arrangement. Prepaid arrangements are paid using fifty percent of future payments to your account.
- Reminders are sent when the prepaid balance is low.
Need more information?
Contact a member service specialist to find out if Prepaid Electric Service is the right choice for you. Members interested in monitoring and lowering their electricity use would benefit from Prepaid Electric Service. Contact our office during business hours Monday - Friday 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at 812-246-3316 or e-mail us at CCREMC@theremc.net.