Clark County REMC

Energy Assistance Program

Energy Assistance Program

Every year, the REMC works closely with community action agencies and township trustees to obtain assistance for our members who are having difficulties paying their electric bills. EAP is a low income energy assistance program made available through the Indiana Division of Family and Children.

The following agencies may be able to provide assistance to members who need help with a utility bill. When applying for any kind of assistance, please be prepared to provide proof of income from previous months, your current electric bill, the social security numbers and dates of birth for all household members.

Community Action Offices
Clark County 812-288-6451
(Southern Indiana Community Action)
Floyd County 812-944-1018
(located in Salvation Army)

Ohio Valley Opportunities
Jefferson County 800-928-1232
Scott County 800-928-1232

Hoosier Upland
Washington County 812-883-5368

South Central Indiana Council for the Aging and the Aged
New Albany 812-948-8330
Henryville 812-294-1080

Center for Lay Ministries
Jeffersonville 812-282-0063

Township Trustees
Township Trustees may be able to help with past due electric bills. Please call our office for the phone number of your Trustee.